Will the News About the FDIC Affect My Account?
With this weekend’s headlines regarding a California bank shut down by the FDIC, we realize you may have questions about the money you have deposited in your White River Credit Union accounts.
Don’t worry. Your money is safe here. The National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund insures your money, and it is protected up to $250,000 per individual depositor. For more information, visit mycreditunion.gov/share-insurance.
Unlike for-profit financial institutions, WRCU is a not-for-profit cooperative, owned by you and the other members using our services.
- All decisions about the products and services offered are made in your best interests.
- Our cooperative, not-for-profit structure inherently holds us accountable to you and other members. We do not have stockholders. We do not engage in risky practices to meet stockholders’ profit demands.
- Our portfolio is diverse and not dependent on a sole industry. Our services are diverse. We are here for Main Street, not Wall Street.
- We live and work in the communities that we serve, taking local deposits and making local loans.
- We are healthy, strong, safe, local, and focused on building thriving communities.
- If you have questions about our capital, credit, or liquidity strength, please get in touch with us.
White River Credit Union is safe and sound. We meet (or exceed) the financial standards regulators require for a credit union to be considered well-capitalized.
Get in Touch
If you have questions, we are just a phone call away. Give us a holler by calling (360) 825-4833 or emailing email@example.com. As always, if you ever find yourself in a financial emergency, reach out so we can work toward a solution together.